About the Role
We are looking for an advertising sales executive with travel industry experience and a proven track record in new business sales.
This person needs to be a “hunter”, someone who thrives on the challenge of finding and securing new clients and uncovering new business opportunities.
Hunters are responsible for finding and securing new business and doing their own prospecting and cold calling. They excel at generating and qualifying leads, have high energy levels and endurance. They are also ambitious and revenue-driven.
You are invited to apply if you:
· Have a passion for sales!
· Are willing to sharpen your skills for success
· Have self-confidence and an adventurous, can-do attitude
· Can bring in new business and retain existing business
· Are able to plan and execute a sales strategy
· Have your own car and a valid driving licence
· Matric essential; tertiary business or marketing related qualification an advantage.
· Proven track record in sales
· Media sales experience
· Experience in business-to-business advertising sales
· Experience using a CRM
· Digitally savvy
About the Company
Now Media (Pty) Ltd, the largest travel trade publisher in Africa, has been committed to promoting travel and trade in the Southern African region since 1953. Based in Illovo, Johannesburg, Now Media prides itself on being an innovator of cutting-edge promotional products for the freight, travel and tourism industries.
Travel News is a daily online trade publication for professional travel consultants, travel managers and those engaged in the sale and promotion of every facet of travel in Southern Africa. Travel News leverages off its predecessor, Travel News Weekly's, 50 years of engaging with the travel trade as the premium regional travel trade publication. This publication is established, engaged and respected.
To be included in your application: a paragraph outlining why you "get", want and are capable of performing in the role.